Midi Keyboard, Speakers

I bought a midi-controller to trigger the audio samples included in the libraries of Logic Pro. Basically in this way I recorded all the bass, drums, horns, strings, piano parts of my compositions. 




I think the results are quite good, have a listen to the final result:






You don’t really need to be a keyboard player to use a midi controller (I am not! Although I am a decent guitarist, ;-) ). 

Anyways, what’s the difference between keyboard and midi-controller? The first can be played without being plugged to the pc (usually has some speakers built-in), the controller is just a tool that works when plugged in the laptop, when it’s not, it will not play any sounds. For this reason it’s also usually cheaper.

You can get one for a very reasonable amount of money. Just choose one that features velocity-sensitive keys (the harder you press the key, the louder the sound produced, like in a normal piano).


I recommend the Alesis Q49


MONITORS


You will need a decent par of monitors to make the right decision when you are mixing. You could also use a good pair of professional headphones for studios, but I prefer monitors. Monitor speakers differ form other ones (like the one of your hi-fi, etc.) because they reproduce very accurately the sound played through them, without coloring it with any enhancing effect, they are transparent and balanced. If you can get your mix sounding good through a pair of studio monitors, you can bet it will sound perfect through your car or hi-fi speakers.

You can always buy them used if you want to save money.

I opted for a pair of Prodipe Pro 5. I will also suggest one of the KRK Rokit range.











2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work, admin, and double-check my wording. My name is Ava Jhon I'm a social media marketing director with three years of experience in social media marketing and search engine optimization. I create websites and POS software, and I earlier worked in a POS company as a digital sales manager, where I converted leads into sales. I've also worked in the field of brand marketing.https://homedesigncouk.blogspot.com/2021/09/top-10-home-designs-uk.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy to wash off the labels with a few drops of soap and hot water and you'll end up with a sleek vessel suitable to accommodate some delicate stems.
    You can purchase inexpensive weaved baskets at every store. They can give your room an eclectic look and provide an area to store any spare things to keep your space clear of clutter.
    IKEA sells ridiculously affordable sheepskin rugs that you can use to transform ordinary barstools, chairs, and sofas into luxe, Scandinavian-inspired pieces. We love the design of wool contrasted with iron furniture that is industrial and modern.
    https://neonsignsuk.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete