Martin OOO-28 Review

I have bought this Martin guitar used for around 1.6K USD Dollars, it has been my first important purchase in the world of acoustic guitars - and I have no regrets!!


You have probably heard many times the legendary sound of the Martin D18, the most famous product of Martin's line-up. I was tempted to go for that route (buying a dreadnought guitar), but I opted instead for a different body type.

The OOO body is clearly smaller than a full dreadnought guitar, with more sloped shoulders. 
The sound is different, more prominent on the Mids and clearly less rich on the lows. 

To my ear it feels more balanced, although it can be perceived a bit "boxy". Sometimes I miss the full, strong sound, coming out from a dreadnought.  

The advantages of the OOO are, in my opinion: 

- records better, no overbearing lows
- easier to handle, smaller body
- probably a more balanced sound when finger-picked, although this is debatable. 

I found it great for finger-picking blues, although I am considering to buy a D18 and give it a bit of time, probably ending up owning only one of the two!

No comments:

Post a Comment